Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Relieved!

So Jason and I are in Laughlin at a Regional meeting for In-N-Out. Everyone who knows, knows that I have been stressing and dreading this trip only because of my little breastfeeding, won't take the bottle or sippy for anything baby. So I tried for 2 days to only pump and get her to take something so I would be stress-free on my trip knowing that she wasn't going to starve. I know everyone said "She'll be fine" but it still makes me nervous. And before I had kids, listening to my friends who had kids complain and worry about leaving there own kids (breastfeeding or not) I thought they were overreacting and would say "they'll be fine". Well now I know. So anyway, getting back to the won't take a bottle baby, even from Jason I might add....Jason's parents are staying at our house with the girls and "won't take a bottle baby" apparently doesn't have a problem taking a bottle from Grandma Carol. They are awesome I must say! No tantrums from Braedyn, no fighting the bottle, makes me feel kinda inadequate as a mother. How come they won't do that for me. They always act better for other people right? Right? Oh well regardless of that I feel at ease that my little girls are happy and having fun and eating with Grandma and Grandpa. And I can actually sleep in and have fun and do things with just my husband for a change. It's kinda nice! So thanks to everyone who reassured me and tried to make me feel better about leaving - you were right. And especially thanks to Grandma and Grandpa!

2 comments:

TheHardyFamily said...

My kids are like that too. Always better for someone else. But I guess I would rather they show their best side when other people are watching, that way they will say yes the next time I ask them to watch! I'm glad you had fun and able to enjoy some much needed hubby time!

tylersgirl said...

Of course they are going to take a bottle if your gone. You took the smell with you. And not to be TMI but you took your spouse with you too. He smells just like you. I am glad you had a quite time and I am hoping to see you soon.