Friday, July 3, 2009

Random Video

Nixon always makes us laugh. She is so laid back and fun and gives the best baby hugs. As she grows and learns we get to know her better and see more of her personality come out. She loves to dance and eat and is a total "Daddy's Girl" (that part is bitter sweet). I've learned that she is a good manipulator too like most children learn to be. If you tell her no or take her away from something she wants she puts on a good realistic cry show. She's sneaky, but I've deciphered her ways. She is starting to say semi-words but taking her time. Braedyn and her love to play, which is very nice, and they have started to fight too, which is not so nice.

I had to put Nixon in her first time out today. She likes to throw away trash for me but she also likes to get it out sometimes. We had popcorn and a movie this afternoon and she decided that she wanted more popcorn (she really loves popcorn, gets that from me). So she gets in the trash and takes out the empty popcorn bag. I told her no and she didn't listen, surprise, but mommy #2 was quick to handle the situation which is fine considering my current "not so mobile" state. So Braedyn goes over and takes the bag from Nixon and puts it back in the trash then stands in front of the trash to protect it so Nixon won't take it out again. Well I couldn't really see what was going on because they were behind the island in the kitchen but Braedyn starts crying and then I have to get up and go over there to see what all the commotion is about. Braedyn is holding her arm and Nixon has got a sneaky grin on her face, she starts running the other way when she sees me. Turns out Nixon bit Braedyn's arm, got her kinda good, left all of 4 teeth marks in her arm. So Nixon got a time out in the chair for 1 minute. She sat well and then I think she tried to say sorry and hugged and kissed her sister. I figure it's good to start young and Braedyn was enjoying it thoroughly because she wasn't the one in the chair for a change.

Here's our silly girls dancing and Nixon eating her dinner with dessert - green beans and brownies dipped in applesauce.

2 comments:

TheHardyFamily said...

Love Jason's beat box!!!

The Cook Family said...

I love the blowing kisses part! Your girls are so cute!